Legal Services for the Oil & Gas Industry
Legal services for the oil, gas, and petrochemical sectors cover a variety of legal services, such as:
- Designing and implementing upstream oil and natural gas bid rounds, field joint operating arrangements, and advising on oil field service contracts.
- Project development and financing of large-scale field developments, including project development agreements and drill rig, platform, service vessel and FPSO development and financing agreements.
- Midstream and downstream projects, including refining, petrochemical and power.We design supply and sales agreements; utility, industrial gas and logistics agreements; and corporate and project financing arrangements.
- Natural gas, crude oil and product pipeline development and financing.
- Crude oil, natural gas, NGL, condensate, LNG, refined product and petrochemical product sales disputes.
- Construction contracting using all forms of EPC.
- Mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, particularly in the upstream E&P, refinery and petrochemical sectors.
- Bank and capital markets financing transactions in international and regional markets to support working capital and other financial programs.
- Specialized subject-matter expertise, such as the impact of WTO and trade agreement commitments; assessments of antitrust and competition law; tax advice regarding structures and sales across various jurisdictions; and advice on employment arrangements, particularly in respect of executive employment.
- Arbitration and dispute resolution across a range of jurisdictions and legal systems involving sales contracts, antitrust challenges, upstream rights and related matters.
- Intellectual property, including evaluation and acquisition of technology licenses and obtaining patents and sales of technology.
We advise national and international oil companies and lending institutions with respect to refining and petrochemical projects on a global basis. Representations include:
Pipeline Projects: We have unparalleled pipeline system expertise representing sponsors, including numerous private sector companies and national oil companies, and financiers in the financing and development of pipeline projects. Representations include: